Thursday, April 14, 2011

He catches it, I cook it

Well, this is something new we've tried. I don't know if anything he catches will I attempt to cook but we'll see.

On Wednesday, Kevin went fishing on Folsom Lake with his buddy. They launched their boat at 9 am and it took until 4 in the afternoon for either of them to get their first fish.

Yeah, the title of "First Fish" went to Kevin


10 minutes later, he got his second.


It wasn't until 5:17 that his buddy got his one and only fish.


His buddies fish was the biggest of the day so he got the prize of "Biggest Catch" but Kevin got "Most Caught". We'll take it!

While, fresh fish sounds great, I don't know how to fillet a whole fish to save my life. Not properly at least. So I was very thankful that his buddy did it for me! So tonight, we had Bass for dinner. I have to tell you, it's a nice flakey white fish. Much like Tilapia. Mmm...

Ta Da!

Lemon Garlic Baked Bass
(I'll learn to take pictures as I go)

Serves 4

4 Bass fillets
1 Lemon
3 Tbsp butter
Fresh parsley, minced
Fresh ground black pepper
Sea salt

Preheat the over to 375 degrees. Spray a 8x8 baking dish with non-stick spray. Place the fillets in the dish. Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the fish. Lightly sprinkle the fish with parsley, pepper and salt. Place butter in pats evenly over the fish. Cook, uncovered for 30 minutes.

I served my fish with mashed potatoes and canned corn.

In summary, dinner was good.

Kevin's rating: 9.5 (out of 10 - I had a few bones that snuck on the plate... oops)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like to hear from you! Do you have a favorite food, recipe, or hole in the wall diner you go to? Let us know! We're always looking for new things to try! (Except weird stuff like on Man Vs. Food... he can keep that stuff.)